- Kodo millet flakes or any millet flakes – 1 cup
- Grated fresh coconut – 1/2 cup
- Jaggery powder – 2 tablespoon or adjust to taste
- Cardamom powder – a dash
- Roasted cumin powder – a pinch
- Ghee – 1/2 teaspoon
- Milk – 1 tablespoon (to make the millet flakes soft)
- Combine all ingredients (except milk) well.
- Add milk to make the millet flakes soft.
- Keep it aside for 10-15 minutes.
- Serve with roasted nuts and chopped banana.
Pro tips & tricks by Anishya
- You can use any millet flakes or other grain flakes for this recipe.
- You can slightly roast the millet flakes and use it, if required.
- Adding ghee in millet recipes helps the body to absorb nutrients fast.
- Don’t add water to this recipe to make the millet flakes soft. Either add milk or coconut milk or even coconut water.
Variations you can try
- You can add roasted nuts and chopped banana before serving. Either mixed with this snack or as a garnish.
- You can add both cardamom and cumin powder or either of it.
- You can add unprocessed sugar instead of jaggery.
- Better serve immediately.
Best serving combos
- Roasted nuts
Thanks to: Healthy millet recipes | Kodo millet recipes | Kodo millet flakes sweet aval | Millet poha sweet recipe | Anishyas Kitchen