Ingredients: (measuring cup used = 240ml)
- 1 cup dosa rice (or any raw rice)
- 1/4 cup horse gram or huruli kaalu
- 1/2 tsp fenugreek seeds
- 1/4 cup beaten rice or avalakki
- Ghee or oil for cooking
- Salt as per your taste
Instructions for making horsegram dosa:
- Take rice, horse gram and fenugreek seeds in a container.
- Add in poha or beaten rice or poha. You can soak this later as well.
- Rinse it well and soak it for 4 - 5 hours.
- After soaking, drain the water and transfer it into a mixie jar. Grind it until smooth using a mixer grinder by adding required water.
- Transfer the batter into a container.
- Close the lid and rest it for 8 - 10 hours in a warm place for fermentation.
- After fermentation, open the lid and add in required salt (around 1 tsp). Give a quick mix.
- The batter shall have regular urad dal dosa batter consistency. Now heat the dosa pan. You can use any dosa pan. Now pour a laddle full of batter and spread it in a circular way. Close the lid for 5 - 10 seconds and cook the dose
- Open the lid, drizzle ghee or oil. I prefer ghee for this dose.
Take out the dose and serve it with coconut chutney or sambar.
Thanks to:Hurali kalu dose recipe | How to make Horsegram dosa | Hurulikaalu dose | Kollu dosai | Kulthi dosa | Protein rich breakfast (vegrecipesofkarnataka.com)