1. Measure half a cup of millet poha. Place in a colander and clean it with running water. Cover with a plate and leave it as such for 5 mins.
2. In a sauce pan, add 250 ml of full fat milk along with 100 ml of water. Bring it to rolling boil consistency. Add the soaked millet poha and cook.
3. After 5 mins the millet poha / Thinai Aval and milk are blended together. Add three tablespoons of condensed milk and stir in together. Let it boil for 2 - 3 mins.
4. Heat Ghee in a small pan and roast cashews in it until golden color.
5. Add half a teaspoon of cardamom powder to the payasam and top off with roasted cashews.
I have used foxtail millet poha / Thinai Aval in this recipe.
You can also replace it with any other millet poha. Instead of condensed milk, you can also add quarter cup of sugar or any unrefined sugar in this payasam.
Apart from cashews, you can also add almonds, pistas and raisins