Copper vessel would be best for making halwa. The bottom will be thick so the heat will be retained for long.
- Soak foxtail and moong dal for two hours in separate vessel.
- Make a fine paste of both moong dal and foxtail together.
- Take bottom thick vessel (as told copper vessel) add a little ghee and add the paste
- Sauté continuously till it is half cooked (add ghee little by little when needed)
- Add the jaggery it should dissolve well.
- Cut coconut into small pieces and keep aside.
- In a small pan roast coconut and cashew.
- When jaggery dissolves, add the coconut and cashew.
- Once the ghee starts coming off the edges of the vessel, halwa is well cooked
- foxtail millet halwa is ready to be served
Thanks to : https://bumpsnbaby.com/diwali-special-thinai-halwa-foxtail-millet-halwa/