Preparation time : 15 minutes
Cooking time : 15 minutes
Serves : 4
1 cup =250 ml cup
1 cup green moong dal sprouts
1/2 cup Kuthiraivali aval/ barnyard millet poha/ beaten barnyard millet rice
1/2 cup chickpeas ( boiled) ( optional)
1 cup spinach ( finely chopped)
1 onion ( finely chopped)
2 tomatoes ( finely chopped)
1 garlic ( coarsely crushed)
1/2 " ginger ( grated and extract juice)
1/2 teaspoon red chilli powder ( I used Kashmiri chilli powder)
1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
1/8 teaspoon turmeric powder
1 teaspoon oil ( of your choice)
salt to taste
For garnish :
coriander leaves or mint leaves ( tear and add)
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1. Wash the millet poha and steam them along with spinach and moong beans.
2. Heat a wide pan or kadai with oil and add the garlic and ginger juice .
3. Fry the garlic over low flame for 30 seconds and add the onions and tomatoes.
4. Add all the spice powders , salt and allow the mixture to cook over low flame for just 5 minutes.
5. Now add the steamed moong beans, millet and spinach.
6. Mix well and cook for another 5 minutes.
7. Taste and adjust the spices and salt.
8. Switch off and add lemon juice and herbs.
Your simple , healthy and tasty Indian Style Barnyard Millet salad is now ready !!
Kudos to : MASTERCHEFMOM: Kuthiraivali Aval Salad | Indian Style Barnyard Millet Salad | Gluten Free and Vegan Salad Recipe