Ingredients: (Serves 4)
- 3/ 4 cup fermented Barnyard millet and tapioca batter
- 1 cup Colorful veggies strips of bell peppers, carrots and beetroot
- 2 tablespoon grated coconut
- 2 tablespoon black sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoon jaggery syrup
- 2 tablespoon mint chutney
- 1 tablespoon oil for brushing
For Pumpkin Pineapple Dip:
- ¾ cup pumpkin (peeled and diced)
- ½ cup pineapple (peeled and diced)
- 1 teaspoon coriander leaves (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- Rock Salt to taste.
How to make batter:
Soak 1 cup Barnyard millet (Samak) and ½ cup tapioca pearls (sabudana) for 3-4 hours, grind it to a fine paste. Check for water consistency. Leave it at a warm place to ferment for 4-6 hours. The batter is ready.
Keep aside: 2 tablespoon jaggery sauce mixed with 2tbsp mint dip (chutney).
Keep Aside: 2 tablespoon black sesame mixed with 2 tbsp freshly grated coconut.
How to make pumpkin pineapple dip :
- In a heated pan, add pumpkin pieces and pineapple pieces with enough water to cover the contents.
- Add turmeric powder and rock salt and cook till it becomes soft.
- Now coarsely liquefy leaving a few small bits of pumpkin and pineapple.
- Again transfer in the pan and add sugar till it dissolves.
- Add red chilli and check for salt.
- Let it cool, add lemon juice and garnish with coriander leaves. Serve chilled.
- Add optimum salt to the batter and mix well.
- Pour 1/3 cup of the prepared batter on a greased dhokla plate and tap well to spread evenly. Steam it in a steamer for 3 to 4 minutes or till done. Keep aside.
- Repeat steps to make one more sheet.
- Cool slightly, loosen the edges and remove using a flat steel ladle. Keep aside.
- Place a cling film on a clean, dry and flat surface, brush it with little oil and sprinkle half the black sesame-fresh grated coconut mixture evenly over it.
- Place one steamed sheet over it and spread half the jaggery sauce and mint chutney mixture evenly over it using a butter knife.
- Place colourful veggie strips overlapping each other on one side.
- Roll it very tightly, pressing each time while rolling. Make sure you do not roll the cling film while rolling. This process needs some practice but after 2-3 attempts you will be surprised with your results.
- Place the rolled sushi on a clean dry surface and cut it into 8 equal portions using a sharp knife. Serve immediately with and pumpkin pineapple dip.
Thanks to Millet Sushi made with Barnyard Millet and Tapioca pearls with Pumpkin Pineapple Dip - Smart Food