1 cup Barnyard Millet
1/3 cup Moong Dal
3.5 cup Water
1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
1 tsp Grated Ginger
1 tsp Pepper
Corns 1/2 tsp
1 stick Curry Leaves
1 tbsp Cashews
2 tsp Ghee
1 dash Salt
1. Dry roast 1/3 cup of moon dal until raw smell goes off. This should take about 4 mins. Set aside.
2. Add one cup of barnyard millet and was them multiple times.
3. In a pressure cooker, add the cleaned millet-dal, along with 3.5 cups of water, turmeric powder, salt and asafoetida powder.
4. Pressure cook for 3-4 whistles until soft. Mash them with a ladle.
5. Heat Ghee in a small pan. Once they turn hot, add jeera seeds, pepper corns, curry leaves and cashews. Roast them until golden brown.
6. Transfer the tempering to the mashed millet-dal and combine them. Serve the hot pongee with chutneys or sambar of your choice.
Kudos to :BARNYARD MILLET/ KUTHIRAIVALI PONGAL | Mathi's Cookbook (mathiscookbook.com)