Ingredients of Chawal Ka Upma
- 1 cup sanwat / parsai ke chawal (vrat wale chaawal - banyard millet)
- 2 Tbsp ghee
- 1 tsp zeera
- 2 laung (cloves)
- 2 chhoti elaichi (green cardamoms)
- 1 small stick dalchini (cinnamon)
How to Make Chawal Ka Upma
1.Wash rice and keep aside.
2.Heat ghee and add zeera, laung, elaichi and the dalchini. When slightly coloured, add the potato and rice and stir fry till they look a bit fried.
3.Add salt, chilli powder and water and bring to a boil.
4.Lower the heat and simmer, covered, for about 15 minutes or till cooked through and the water is absorbed. Serve hot garnished with hara dhania.
- 1 large potato, diced small
- 2 tsp sendha namak (white rock salt)
- 1.2 tsp chilli powder
- 3 cups water
- Hara dhania (Coriander leaves) for garnish