- Cooked Millet - As I said earlier, fluffy millet will make this salad delicious. Do check out my detailed recipe on cooking millet.
- Veggies - I used broccoli, sweet corn, and carrots. But you could use any veggies according to the season and your taste. Some of the veggies that go well with this salad are green beans, green peas, cauliflower, turnip, radish, zucchini.
- Salad dressing ingredients - a simple lemon juice, ginger, olive oil pepper, and salt are used as dressing for this recipe. Millet and ginger go very well but you can skip it if you don't like it.
- Almonds - You should be eating a handful of nuts and seeds every day for optimal nutrition. An easy way to have them is through these salads, these soak up the flavors well and taste even more delicious. You can replace almonds with any other nuts like walnuts, cashews, or seeds like pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, sesame seeds.
SIMPLE STEPS TO MAKE MILLET SALAD
- Steam the broccoli, chopped carrot, and sweet corn.
- While the veggies are steamed, cook the millet and let it cool down. You can use the leftover millet also.
- Take a mixing bowl and add steamed veggies. Add all salad dressing ingredients and give a good mix.
- Now add cooked millet mixture, coriander leaves and mix it well.
- Add the almonds, mix well and the millet vegetable salad is ready.
STORAGE AND SERVING SUGGESTIONS
- This millet salad keeps well for a day in the refrigerator. You can also use a day old cooked millet to make this salad.
- As this salad has all the veggies, nuts, and millet, you can have this for any meal.
- The addition of hummus will make this salad protein-rich, it will also taste good. Try it with hummus for a satisfying and filling meal.
Thanks to https://everydaynourishingfoods.com/vegetable-millet-salad/